Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Speedy Delivery

Speedy is the best way I can describe having our little Tylie. Wed the night before I had gone to mutual and then later that night I was having contractions about 5-6 min apart. but i had been having contractions all along and if i got up and walked around they went away so didn't think anything of them. Well then i woke up at 3:30 am and had to go to the bathroom. I got there and had 1 killer contraction then i walked back to my bed and had another killer contraction. So I knew this was different and it was only 2 min. apart so i woke Tyson up and called labor and delivery, while on the phone with labor and delivery i was having more contractions the lady could hear my pain i think and told me we needed to come up. I then called my parents to have someone come over to be with Preslie but i guess their phone line had been cut and i didn't know so then i called their cell phones and no one answered. We were getting ready just to put Preslie in the car when I called my sister Holly who luckily had gotten into town the night before she answered and i told them they needed to HURRY! While we waited for them I tried to pack a bag but wasn't having much luck so I ended up laying on the bathroom floor and telling Tyson what I wanted him to pack. I also just threw some things in the diaper bag. Tyson had our car out of the garage and ready when Holly and Justin here and we left the second they got here. I have never been in so much pain i really thought I was going to die on the car ride to the hospital. I was dying of heat (tyson had warmed the car being nice before we left) so i had the windows down and was hanging out the windows.
We had told my parents that we would call them once we got settled in. Tyson parks in the parking lot and is literally dragging me inside then i lay on the floor in the elevator and he drags me to labor and delivery. We walk in and they take us to a room & i lay on the bed & ask for some meds. The nurse checks me and says "i am sorry, but you are fully dilated and you are going to need to push in just a min." My face dropped i have never been so scared when she told me I couldn't have drugs tyson said he almost laughed at my facial expression. I kept thinking and saying "i cant do this i can't do this" The next couple of min. are a total blurr. My Dr. wasn't there yet so they called in a resident and an ER dr. they ran in some nurses. One was trying to give me my IV, my water also broke as soon as we got to the hospital (lucky i know) and then it was time to push. Now i pushed for like an hr and half with Preslie so i was a little nervous but i pushed once and the Dr. said "ok one more push for the shoulders" I was totally in shock that one push would do it that i think the shock took away the pain and one more push and she was out.
The cord was around her little neck so it was good she came out so fast. She started crying and it was great. Both Tyson and I were in shock the nurse has to remind Tyson to get the camera (luckily we had it) Then they weigh our little one and find she only weighs 4lbs 10oz. and is 18 1/4 inches long. But she was totally perfect and healthy nothing wrong with her just small. The Dr. thinks that my placenta just stopped feeding her near the end, but we had no idea becasue i was measuring right on. We are so blessed that she decided to come when she did. I was going to be induced the next week but by then she could of been compromised so we are counting our blessing! It was quite the night we called family and i think everyone was in shock that she was here and that it was so fast. I woke up at 3:30 and she was born at 4:47 10 minutes after we got to the hospital. So little


Me still in my normal clothes. I was planning on taking a belly picture on my way to the hospital to be induced but yeah that never happened.



She is so cute, it is funny Tylie and Preslie really don't look anything alike Tylie is very dark and has TONS of hair she also has olive skin.
Preslie really loves her sister
Our little family
This shows you how small she was
She got a stocking to come home in since it was Christmas Eve What a cute little stocking stuffer Going home from the hospital. They almost didn't let take her because she only weighed 4lbs 6oz and she was too small for the car seat

2 comments:

Scott and Kel said...

That is so crazy Shannon...I'm so glad it worked out okay!! You are a stud and your girls are ADORABLE!

Ashley said...

Shan, you are my hero - way to deliver NATURALLY!!! ;) I can't believe y'all made it to the hospital - talk about fast delivery! I'm SO glad it was so quick, and y'all are all doing so well. Tylee is PRECIOUS! I want one just like her someday. I want to reach through the screen and hold her. She is adorable - just like Preslee. It's impossible for you and Tyson to make ugly kids. ;)

Congrats - what a gorgeous family y'all have!!!!