Preslie got a cold a couple of weeks ago and the whole time i kept thinking "please don't be RSV, please don't be RSV" We tried keeping the girls apart but sure enough our little bug got the bug. She was doing alright and i had called the Dr.'s office a couple of times to see if I should bring her in but since she never was running a fever and her cough wasn't bad they said don't worry about it. Then Saturday of course the day Tyson had left early that morning to go snowmobiling with friends way out in the middle of nowhere with no service. And my parents were in Seattle watching Alex's baseball game. Tylie starting coughing quite a bit and my mommy sense started kicking in. I got a hold of the Dr. and he said to try some medicine first, but it didn't work. My Nanny was so kind to help me with the girls that morning. Then I knew we needed to do something else but I really didn't want to take her to the ER. My mother in law found out that the Blackfoot urgent care had their own lab and would test for RSV, so she was so kind to meet me and the girls there. There we learned that she did in fact have RSV and they debated sending us to the hospital but then decided we were ok to go home and do treatments there, but to watch her close and if anything changed in her breathing to take her to the ER. My mother in law told me she would come help watch girls in case I needed to take baby to the hospital she could be there with Preslie. I had Bompie and Shiloh come over and give her a blessing, and it wasn't minutes after the blessing her breathing started changing and I knew that we needed to go to the hospital. My Nanny got in the car with me and Tyson's mom stayed with Preslie and we were off. We called our Dr. on the way and he said he would meet us so we didn't have to go through emergency, he said he would check her and if she was bad he would do an automatic admit.
She was boarder line on her oxygen and chest sounds but he decided that due to her age she needed to be admitted. I felt good about that and we went upstairs. It ended up being a blessing we had her admitted because later that night her oxygen really started dropping. Our Dr. said that if we would of been home when that happened we would of had a blue baby, and i don't know how I would of handled that. The next couple of days were pretty rough. She just didn't look like my baby she was very lethargic and when she was awake she had a blank stare on her face, it was pretty scary. It was not a fun experience, I too had the cold and really didn't feel well myself. We were very fortunate that we had so much family help us out. Tyson's mom spend the night with Preslie that first night and watched her other days. My parents took Preslie home one night so Tyson could help me at the hospital one night. And my mother stayed with me the last night so I could get some much needed sleep. Between rocking her, getting her breathing treatments and nursing checking her oxygen all night, plus my worry, i really didn't sleep much.
Later Monday evening Tylie finally started doing better. Preslie came for a visit that night and we got Tylie to smile and talk to us. After that she really started doing better. But we had to stay mainly to monitor her oxygen levels. We got to go home Wed. and it was so nice. So we are home now and she still does require some oxygen while she sleeps, but everyday she needs it less so hopefully she will be totally off it soon. I am so grateful that she is doing better and that she is as healthy as she is. The pediatric floor of the hospital is a hard place to be. We have amazing family members and friends and are so grateful for all the prayers and concern in our baby's behalf. Here are some pictures of our hospital stay. I couldn't take any pictures on her really sad days, but even with all the wires she is still pretty cute! Her bed
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment