Sunday, August 7, 2011

Stadium of Fire

This was a long time ago I know but back around the 4th of July we went with my family down to Provo to go to the Stadium of Fire. It was a really fun weekend. One of the evenings we went up to Bridal Veil Falls to go for a walk. It was fun because the last time I had been there was when Tyson and I took some engagement pictures with my roommate Emmers. So fun to be back 7 years later with my family and 2 kids.
The boys took Preslie for a little hike.I can't get over how grown up she is looking!Our little family!Love this picture of Tylie and GrandmaThe boys (notice where they are putting the fireworks?) I had told them to buy some small fireworks so we could show Preslie, but that was my first mistake sending the boys to get the fireworks! Well other than a few sparklers all the fireworks were quite large & instead of shooting up into the hair and going off they must of gotten a bad case because they would shoot right at us and explode! Well after a few of them going off right next to us poor Preslie was terrified. Well after we learned the fireworks could not be trusted the boys put them into the fire pit and put the lid on to light the last ones. After we were all done they decided to start a little fire in the pit. Well Preslie would not come outside because what had happened earlier and so once the fire had started it probably took a good 15 min. to get her to come back outside (we bribed her with chocolate) So we are all sitting around the fire and all is good, the fire had been going on for about 15 min or so when all the sudden things start exploding and shooting towards us! I was back by the house and I see everyone running away from the fire, then I see that everyone has ran away and left Preslie sitting there all by herself. I screamed for someone to get her and Alex ran back and grabbed her. The poor girl was so terrified she was holding onto the chair for dear life. My poor girl, I don't think we will be lighting fireworks again any time soon.
Look close you can see Dani with some awesome moves :)Poor Preslie earlier in the night when she thought fireworks weren't so bad. Although I don't think she totally trusts her daddy by the look on her face.the balloon popped!
us at the Stadium of Fire my parents were kind enough not only to get our tickets but then to stay home and watch our kids. The rest of the groupIt was cool they had some skydiver come and land in the stadium. A red, white, blue & then the guy with the flag. It was really cool to watch. The last guy carrying the flag came in a little lower then planed and ended up taking out a poor camera guy.David Archuleta was the first act. He did a great job singing, he is just not very good at the talking part in between songs. The best part was watching the teenage girls freak out when he came on stage.Next was Brad Paisley, it was a really fun concert :)Although my pictures are not the best the firework show was really fun to watch Did you think I forgot about this little one? How could I she started crawling that weekend also she is getting so big since then she can now crawl fast like a pro and pull herself up onto her knees and onto standing and walk along lower furniture. She is so so busy, its a good thing she is so so cute!

0 comments: